The Kuhler Funeral Home began as the Aaseth Funeral Home, which was established by Keith and Isobel Aaseth on January 1, 1947. The business was first located at 431 Third Street SW in Huron. On February 1, 1954, the Aaseths began operating from their new building, a colonial-style red brick structure at 1360 Dakota Avenue South, which was then located at the southern edge of Huron.
On January 1, 1978, George and Deborah Kuhler purchased the Aaseth Funeral Home, adding their name to the business in 1979. In that same year, the renovations were made to the building which changed the main entrance to the south instead of the west.
Keith and Isobel Aaseth
Over the years the appearance of the funeral home has changed to accommodate the needs of the business. The following are photos from the 1954 booklet and today’s look.
Although the entrance to the funeral home as been moved from the west to the south, the home-like atmosphere that the Aaseths created is still evident at the Kuhler Funeral Home.